Monday, February 13, 2012

I get it. 3rd blog? No life.

Awwwwwwh, it's you again? Welcome back (: I missed you.


I'm still up. Happy Valentine's day, everyone.  It's officially the day. Go forth and multiply. 
What am I doing? Oh thank you for asking.
Look at you.
Caring about me.


I'm facebooking.
Yepp.
Taking pictures and facebooking.




Honestly... that probably seems like a dumb picture.
But it's got a story.
Kind of a love story.
Get your sappy seatbelts on, let's begin.




That little stuffed puppy is a victoria's secret puppy. 
It's not really expensive,
or collectible.
But a couple months ago, Sean and I went on a trip to Denver. We spent the whole day there... and we ended up at the Cherry Creek Mall.
I went into victoria's secret, and got this puppy with my purchase. 
Upon going back to Sean's house, he sprayed it with his cologne. 
When I took it home, it made me feel comfortable that I had his smell on something that gave me a memory. 
Throughout the months, we've passed it back and forth, each spraying it with our scents. 
It was at his house from September 2011 to the beginning of February 2012.
When I left his house this last time, he sprayed it, and then gave it back to me. 
I've been sleeping with it every night.
I actually have woken up holding it a few times.
It's just one of those things that brings you back to happier times. You know... like a good memory. It's something special to  me. I actually posted this picture on my facebook too. 


This picture was taken July 7th, 2011:


I've had this puppy for a long time. 
It's actually by my computer right now. I can see it as I type.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It's one of those things that reminds you that it will all be okay. Not just because of who it's from, but because I look at it and remember how tough things seemed up until February 2011.


It's like a scar. 
You remember how much it hurt when the wound was fresh. You remember the bad times it brought. But now you can look back on it, and see that you're in a better place.


I can't say that I'm in a better place. Summer 2011 was the best summer I've ever had. There was peace,
happiness,
and laughter.
No stress... no wondering if you had an assignment for school you needed to study for.
No wondering if you were going to wake up sad or upset.




Here's where I'm going to get sappy as all hell.


My challenge for you today,




Is to find that happy item.




You're probably not going to listen to me, because you think you're too cool to find a "happy item".


But if you're waking up this morning, dreading this valentines day for whatever reason,
I need you to find something that you can look at and think,
"Hey. There were better times. Today sucks, but I know at one point, I was so happy".


Things always seem like they'll never get better. When you're in the heat of a moment, you feel hopeless,
wondering if you'll ever feel alright again.


But when you think you can't make it through, I challenge you to think of the LAST time you thought you wouldn't make it through.
Look what you've done.
You're here. 
You're reading my 3rd blog of the night. Why?
Because you're stronger than you think.


If you're single today, putting on a brave face,
good for you.
You will get through today. You only have to get through a couple hours of gooey couple shit before you start another day, and they go back to fighting and living life. 


If you're in a relationship today, and you don't feel like he/she is doing enough for you today,
just remember that it's just another day.


Maybe it's called "Valentine's Day".
But hunnie, it's just another tuesday.
You just have more pink.
And if you don't like pink,
hide in your room,
online,
with me.
(Big cheesy grin here. )





Find your comfort item. Make it something that makes you smile when you look at it. 
Remember that you can do it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


If you could care less about Valentine's day, and hate me for blogging about it,
this still applies to you.
A comfort item isn't just for Holidays and awkward situations.
It's something that reminds you that you can do it.


And God knows we both have enough stress.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Just be happy today, guys. Don't make me tell you again. 
You're worth all the happiness in the world. 


<3 


Have a good day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment