Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Secret handshake.

You know how they say, "A blank piece of paper can be intimidating", because you don't know where to start when you write? You can feel overwhelmed because you're just sitting there staring at white. It's blank. It's waiting for you to begin something... and you lost everything you had to say because it's so... empty.
That applies to blogs too.
My editing page looks like this:




So when I start writing... this is all I see.
White.

And you know... I have so much to say up until I get to this page. From the moment I type in "blogger.com", I'm surrounded by white, and I forget everything.
I actually have to force myself to remember what I wanted to talk about.

So here we go with today's blog. 
You see what I did there? My page is no longer blank. 




Easier working space.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



As you all know
( Because of your facebook news feed blowing up with pink pictures, presents, and multiple status updates on the pros and cons of Valentines day... )

IT WAS VALENTINE'S DAY.


That's where I'm going to begin talking, because that was what I woke up to.
Pink shit.
My mom woke me up to give me a chocolate bear that was about the size of my palm. Valentine's day has always been a day that my family gives little gifts.
Like a super mini pink Christmas. 
I don't think anyone actually does it because they WANT to, though. I think it's more of a "This is what we do. So I'm going to do it" thing.
I played on the computer for a couple hours, before I decided to go on a walk to smoke and find the glove I lost while walking last night. 


I wandered up a hill, and found a little ditch. I guess it's private property ( Someone had to tell me later on. )
But it was so peaceful. Sitting on this hill, with no one knowing where I was. It was just a time to get away. 
Eventually, my mom texted me asking me where I was, so I walked back home. 


I spent the next few hours rolling through facebook, and I watched an episode of House on Hulu.
(I'm so active.)


This is where everything gets a little more interesting. 


I went with my family to Fazoli's. I started people watching, and realized that there was every type of couple there.
I saw a young couple,
an old couple,
A couple with children,
A double date,
and a guy by himself.
It was almost cute to watch the young couple giggle and take pictures together. Ahhh innocence.


I went to cold stone creamery afterwards, to get some cake batter ice cream.


When I was walking across the parking lot to the doors, I saw a little white car COVERED in Bob Marley apparel. 
Bumper-stickers, 
Bobble head...
It even had a Jamaican flag flying from the antenna.
It was definitely something interesting. 
I can get down with some "I shot the sheriff", but not when it's coming out of your exhaust pipe.


Then I came home and skyped with Sean. He got me a little devil/angel bear. It was so cute. 
I felt bad, because I thought I could buy his V-day present later, and give it to him on the 27th, but he had already gotten me something to show on skype. He said it wouldn't count as a Valentine's gift if I got it on another day. I know he was joking around, but I took it seriously. 


He has to wake up early, so we said goodnight around 10pm.


As soon as we hung up, I rushed to the store. 
Like a bat out of hell, 
I ran to get my Valentine's day gift for him.


As soon as I got home,
I sent him a picture. 
I felt accomplished. Like I had succeeded in this game of "Beat the Clock".


Maybe I'm too competitive.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


That's basically my entire day. I mean... there were a few things I didn't explain... but I didn't think you'd want to know how many bristles are on my toothbrush.
( I tried to count. Couldn't find a tweezer. Bitches are hard to hold on to. )


This blog isn't going to be amazingly interesting.
Probably because I started late... it's 1:14am. 


I don't know... I'm just finding it easier to sleep tonight. I'm already tired. I guess that's what happens when I feel better. 
And I do feel better. 
Like I said in my blog last night... I only needed a specific text. And I got it. 


I hope you all had a good day, 
and I hope today's even better. 
You're awesome. Thank you for reading. 
It will be more interesting today. 
LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN.









                                                     ^ My chocolate bear. 



No comments:

Post a Comment